Table of Contents
Regional & College GLUG
The GNU/Linux Users Group (GLUG) is an essential place for Knowledge sharing activities for colleges and Regions co-ordinated by FSFTN. FSFTN has both Regional and College level GLUGs. The GLUGs operate at various levels and is guided by the Core Committee Members of FSFTN. The functionalities and structure of GLUG are as follows,
- Each GLUG will have a Representative who will coordinate the GLUG and take care of the activities of the GLUG
- The College GLUG consists of only the College Students and a Staff Representative
- The College GLUG organizes activities and events inside the College and will aim to bring people involving them in Community Contributions, Projects, etc.
- The Regional GLUG consists of members from the locality and gets involved in Knowledge Sharing sessions and bring in new people from various colleges in and around the region
- GLUGs are the main point of contact for FOSS-related activities and events in the locality
- Each College and Regional will plan for Software Freedom Day (SFD), Education Freedom Day (EFD) and many such activities in a year.
- GLUG members will represent their GLUG in the Summer Camp organized by FSFTN every year.
Responsibilities of a GLUG
- A GLUG must take forward the essence of FOSS, Commons, Knowledge Freedom and must collectively engage in Learning, Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration.
- The GLUG must elect its GLUG Coordinator(s) every year and enroll new members to the GLUG for active functioning and expansion.
- GLUG Coordinator(s) will be the Point of Contact (POC) for FSFTN and will communicate with the EC regarding the activities and seek guidance and assistance from the EC.
- The GLUG have to submit monthly work reports to the FSFTN EC.
- The GLUG can select its own learning & engagement path depends on the participation, location and availability, with the guidance from FSFTN EC
- The basic learning formats and syllabus for the GLUGs can be found here.
List of GLUGs Affiliated to FSFTN
|SJIT GLUG(St. Joseph's Institute of Technology)||Unknown|
|JCE GLUG (Jerusalem College of Engineering)||Unknown|
|JIT GLUG (Jeppiar Institute of Technology)||Unknown|
|CuddaloreGLUG||Infant, Gowtham & Vijay||Active|
|FSHM a.k.a. PuduvaiGLUG (Puducherry)||Rahulkanth, Kamalavelan||Active|
|Dindigul FOSS Club||Unknown|
|Mahendra GLUG (Salem)||Unknown|
|Karai GLUG (Karaikudi)||Lenin||Unknown|
|IFET GLUG (IFET College of Engineering)||VGLUG||Unknown|
|UCEV GLUG (University College of Engineering, Villupuram)||VGLUG||Unknown|
|PaavaiGLUG (Paavai Engineering College)||Unknown|
FSFTN follows some guidelines during GLUG meetups to make it more effective and collaborative