Below are some of the guidelines that FSFTN follows Before & After a Session in an Institution,
- Gather details about the Venue either it is College, Institution, School, etc.
- Make note of the target audience and no. of people you are going to address
- Ask interested volunteers to take the session. One Core member is recommended
- Take FSFTN Card along with you which has all the details in it.
- Select session topics with a combination of Talks, Technical Sessions and Hands-on. Make sure to talk about the Free Software and Knowledge Commons aspect in each of these.
- Interaction with the participants in most important
- Make a note of the session organizers (from School or College) and team leaders. It is a +1 for leadership skills.
- Get the details of the Contact person from the Venue 3 or 4 days prior to the session
- Communicate the speaker profile of the volunteers to the contact person
- Make a personal checklist of things to do on the day before
- After the session, have an interactive talk with the staffs and coordinators about the usage of FOSS in their college, forming a User group in their college. This would nurture the relationship with the college in a better way
- Don't forget to take a group picture at the end of the session. This would serve as a memory and future inspiration
- After the technical sessions have been completed, in the end, Take about FSFTN and why we are here and how they could join us.
- Talk about GLUG Formation and the knowledge sharing point of it.
- Before leaving, ask written feedback from the participants. This is would help us review our standards.
- After reaching home, make sure we have a review meeting about what happened there, with other volunteers either through Phone or Direct meetings.
- Post pictures of the session in Facebook, Twitter, Mastodon, Riot Matrix, Flickr, etc
- Make a write-up on it on our Blog
- Submit expenses details for the session during the review meeting
session_guidelines.txt · Last modified: 2021/06/06 12:11 by 127.0.0.1